Donor Database Manager - Part-Time
Posted January 12, 2017
Please send all resumes and cover letters to Brittany Avila Wazny
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE (Part-Time)
The Administrative Associate coordinates and executes all components of maintaining an efficient database and organized office, while assisting with staff workflow. The incumbent works directly with all staff member, board directors and the public and maintains a public facing position.
Occasional travel within the Tri-County Region may be necessary on limited occasions. Teddy Bear Cancer Foundation is headquartered in Santa Barbara City. Partial telecommuting can be considered.
Managing Donor Database (70%)
- Constituent record updates (adding, merging, updating addresses, logging actions)
- Produce reports for mailings for donors
- Constant Contact email list management
- Database clean-up and maintenance
- Build queries and produce comprehensive data analysis and revenue reports
- Gift processing (monetary & in-kind donations)
- Analysis and manipulation of Excel spreadsheets (functions, organization of data)
Data Integrity (10%)
- Managing integration between DonorPerfect and Quickbooks with support of bookkeeper and performing monthly reconciliation of revenue.
- Leveraging constituent data for the advancement of the organization’s goals and exploring new opportunities for capturing information or more efficiently managing data.
- Developing and performing regular audits to ensure accuracy and data integrity.
- Training team members on DonorPerfect software and ensuring best practices.
Oversight of All Administrative Programs (20%)
- Board and committee calendar, documents, and meeting minutes
- The position will be responsible for creating and sending Outlook invites to staff, committees, board members and the public; organize board packets; act as the Host to all TBCF Zoom meetings; filing minutes after each meeting; oversee staff meting topics and assign facilitators; update board rosters, sub-committee, and grant forms.
- Tracking third party donations
- Extract donor information for all corporate matching entities the send reports to database manager; track all Facebook payments in DonorPerfect; monitor social media fundraisers.
- Disperse mail and place office orders
- Tracking and ordering office supplies from Amazon, Staples, USPS, and receive / disburse mail.
- Oversight of all outside service providers and vendors
- Acts as staff liaison with technology contractor to address computer issues as they arise. Works with IT support to purchase software and hardware. Lead staff member to maintain membership with a remote computer access vendor.
- College preferred.
- At least two years’ experience in related field preferred.
- Database experience; DonorPerfect experience is a plus.
- Experience in the non-profit sector a plus.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Superb organizational skills, flexibility, and detail-oriented with strong follow-through and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Interest in working with the public, non-profits, and community-based organizations
- At minimum, a basic knowledge of Outlook, Word and Microsoft Excel and willingness to participate in trainings to advance knowledge.
- Willingness to become proficient in DonorPerfect.
- Ability to work in a team, work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Strong communication skills including speaking and writing.
- Ability to handle multiple demands.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively in high stress situations.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Must be honest, ethical and have integrity.
DEMONSTRATES TBCF TEAM VALUES
- Provides excellent customer service to donors, board and committee members, as well as donor prospects.
- Addresses co-workers in a positive manner always.
- Is reliably present and on time.
- Does not participate in gossip or negativity aimed at TBCF employees, volunteers, management or vendors.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding sensitive, personal or confidential information.
- Appreciates and works with differences among people.
- Cooperates constructively
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow different individuals to perform the essential functions of the job. Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or other customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects, and operating office equipment.
In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow different individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment. The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.